SAP Transport Management for Zendesk - Quick Start
First you have to make sure your SAP system fulfills the following technical prerequisites:
- Minimum SAP Component versions
You will need SAPUI >= 7.53 and:
|AS ABAP Version||Service Pack|
Because these prerequisites are set by SAP themselves, it is not possible to satisfy lower component versions without custom code adjustments. Contact our support if you are interested in knowing more.
2. Network requirements
Your SAP system and Zendesk must be able to communicate with each other. Ask your network team to whitelist Zendesk IPs and ports.
If you need additional information about this requirement, you may contact Zendesk support directly or search their Knowledge Base.
3. Service activation (CORS-enabled)
Last but not least, you need your Basis team to enable a single standard SAP service (if not already active) and configure it for CORS security. Please contact us for the procedure. It takes no more than 15-20 minutes.
After installing the app through Admin / Apps / Manage, the setup screen will need you to fill some mandatory parameters:
- Title: Application Name to be displayed to users, you are free to choose whatever you prefer.
- System ID 1: SAP System Identifier, such as XYZ.
- Host for System ID 1: Host address of the SAP system - only HTTPS protocol is supported.
- Technical User for System ID 1: Technical (SAP) User responsible for performing the actions is the backend.
- Technical Password for System ID 1: Password for the previous SAP User.
You can map a maximum of two (2) SAP Development systems in the application. In case you need more, please contact support. We strongly recommend you create a technical user for the sole purpose of using this application. It should have the least amount of SAP Roles possible.
Confirm the settings and wait for Zendesk to finalize the installation. You can now add the newly created Ticket Fields to your Ticket Form.
Refresh the page and navigate to Admin / Manage / Ticket Fields. Verify the fields tagged "SAP Transport Management" are present:
Now, navigate to Admin / Manage / Ticket Forms and select the form you want to be using for your SAP Changes.
Add all the fields that have been created by the application and Save.