How to generate the Authentication Token in the App Settings?
The Authentication Token is the combination of a username and password of your SAP Technical User.
The SAP Technical User is the user performing all background activities, such as creating, displaying or releasing a transport.
We strongly recommend you assign this user only the minimum authorizations required to run the app.
Here is how to generate the token:
- Make note of the username and password of the user.
- Encode username:password with any Base64 tool or follow steps 3-4-5 if you don't know how.
- Navigate to https://base64tool.com/ and click "Start".
- Enter the credentials and add a ":" separator between them (e.g. sapusername:sappassword).
- Click "Copy to Clipboard".
- Go to your Zendesk instance and navigate to Admin / Apps / Manage.
- Change Settings for the App and paste the value into the "Authentication Token" field".
- Save the settings.